Displaying a stronger South Seas flavour, the Stunzner home is shown here again in 1928 after it had been bought by Theodore W. Brunt (on porch), and his wife Freida (nee Schwenke), who is upstairs. The Brunts bought the house in the early 1920s, possibly from the NZ Administration. They have opened up the house more to allow an airflow through a gap above the concrete foundation pad and the timber cladding above. The decorative embellishments of the lower wall have gone.
Credit: Tony Brunt Collection
Categorised as: Uncategorized